Guess tthe LP

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Guess tthe LP

Post by cybot »

Some clues:

Suffered from depression,alcoholism and drugs;this was the album he was
working on when he was found dead with stab wounds....

Pete Townshend dedicated the song 'Baba O' Riley' to this man...

An Austrailian who rose to prominance with his songwriting partner over the years;
this sadly came to an end when his partner died in his sleep...

Edit: Enlarged to make them even easier :-))[/quote]
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Pic 1 :Image
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

Pic 3:Image
cybot

Post by cybot »

Well done Jad, that was brilliant :-)
JAW

Post by JAW »

This one was driving me nutz!!! Once again, lost without the clue!

BTW, You're right about Live in Gdansk, Great versions of Fat Old Sun and Echoes, Showcasing what a fine guitar player Dave Gilmour is.
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote:This one was driving me nutz!!! Once again, lost without the clue!

BTW, You're right about Live in Gdansk, Great versions of Fat Old Sun and Echoes, Showcasing what a fine guitar player Dave Gilmour is.
Well done J!! Sorry for driving you nuts though but at least the clue softened the nuts a little
bit :-)). Relieved to hear you like Gdansk as I completely forgot about 'Remember that Night' DVD!!! I still haven't watched it properly;Assuming you already have it, how does it compare to Gdansk?
Last edited by cybot on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAW

Post by JAW »

cybot wrote:
JAW wrote:This one was driving me nutz!!! Once again, lost without the clue!

Well done J!! Sorry for driving you nuts though but at least the clue softened the nuts a little
bit :-)). Relieved to hear you like Gdansk as I completely forgot about 'Remember that Night' DVD!!! I still haven't watched it properly;Assuming you already have it, how does it compare to
Gdansk?
Now you're asking the question! Ok, my cd player (Arcam CD33) is far better sonically than the dvd player (DV89), but for live stuff there's something about the involvement of surround sound that's more engaging. But the nuances are there on the cd that aren't on the dvd. I wonder about the five disc vinyl version, though, ie Echoes is 25 minutes long. Is this not approaching the limits of a vinyl side?
cybot

Post by cybot »

JAW wrote: Now you're asking the question! Ok, my cd player (Arcam CD33) is far better sonically than the dvd player (DV89), but for live stuff there's something about the involvement of surround sound that's more engaging. But the nuances are there on the cd that aren't on the dvd. I wonder about the five disc vinyl version, though, ie Echoes is 25 minutes long. Is this not approaching the limits of a vinyl side?
It probably is J, but it sounds fine, honestly.. Do you remember 'A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers' by VDGG? I'm sure it's nearly 31 minutes long...but I could be wrong.Really, some of the long sided stuff has no right to sound ok but some seem to get away with it....just :-))
jadarin

Post by jadarin »

fergus

Post by fergus »

The first image looks very reminiscent of George Harrison....

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra