Spirit of Schubert comes to BBC Radio 3 - Please Read

Jared

Re: Spirit of Schubert comes to BBC Radio 3 - Please Read

Post by Jared »

^^ I hope you're enjoying it Sean... ironically, I just can't pick up Radio 3 where I live at all, either digitally or through analogue.. my only chance is when I'm driving the car!

I can imagine the programmes are of a wonderful standard; I will however seek solace in the fact that I 'Schuberted' out, last autumn.
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

Jared wrote:^^ I hope you're enjoying it Sean... ironically, I just can't pick up Radio 3 where I live at all, either digitally or through analogue.. my only chance is when I'm driving the car!

I can imagine the programmes are of a wonderful standard; I will however seek solace in the fact that I 'Schuberted' out, last autumn.
I am a bit 'Schuberted' out after a weekend of Radio 3. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing....
Seán

Post by Seán »

bombasticDarren wrote:
Jared wrote:^^ I hope you're enjoying it Sean... ironically, I just can't pick up Radio 3 where I live at all, either digitally or through analogue.. my only chance is when I'm driving the car!

I am a bit 'Schuberted' out after a weekend of Radio 3. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing....
Well I listened to it yesterday morning and today from half two until nine, I even stopped playing my Jazz LPs to do so. I love Schubert's music, the vast majority of the music on these broadcasts is entirely new to me and it is wonderful.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
bombasticDarren

Post by bombasticDarren »

^^ On the way home from work I heard Tom Service hosting a segment on the Viennese strudels that Schubert would have enjoyed. Great fun :-D
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Any mention of Dampfnudeln (steamed dumplings)? I know Mozart loved them and even wrote a piece in return for some, but I'm not sure of Schubert's views. I personally prefer Rohrnudeln(baked dumplings), especially cherry ones, though you won't find them easily, even in Munich.

I'm enjoying the extra Schubert over breakfast!