What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by cybot »

Direct from Andrew Liles himself.

4x7" box set with cards and poster....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Double vinyl edition directly from the label....
cybot

Post by cybot »

Another one flew in the window :)

Direct from the label Dirter Records - a live one featuring NWW and Blind Cave Salamander...
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I had to return to Tower today to swap a recently purchased Willie Nelson album. Side 4 sounded like somebody was walking on gravel across the stage. Unlikely.

While I was there I picked Elbow - Build a rocket boys. On the CD I often skip tracks that i know I shouldn't so a vinyl copy will stop that nasty habit and sound bloody brilliant too. Fantastic album that.

I strolled down the road and into Freebird where I picked up this 3 disc gem from the God-like Hank Williams 3rd. My evening is sorted.

While I was hoping to pick up a vinyl copy of Taste - On the Boards I couldn't find any. I "settled" for a new CD at €7.99 and played it on the drive home.

also for shopplayin'

and a 2CD Compilation from Blue Note "Feelin' Blue" with Grant Green, Sonny Criss, Jimmy Smith, Duke Ellington, Jacy Terrasson yada yada
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

[quote="Ivor"]I had to return to Tower today to swap a recently purchased Willie Nelson album. Side 4 sounded like somebody was walking on gravel across the stage. Unlikely.

While I was there I picked Elbow - Build a rocket boys. On the CD I often skip tracks that i know I shouldn't so a vinyl copy will stop that nasty habit and sound bloody brilliant too. Fantastic album that.

Interesting I really like 'cast of thousands' and find their albums very good. I didnt go near this because of the crap sleeve and reckoned after the seldom seen kid it had to be downhill. Maybe I should check it out.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote: Interesting I really like 'cast of thousands' and find their albums very good. I didnt go near this because of the crap sleeve and reckoned after the seldom seen kid it had to be downhill. Maybe I should check it out.

ah no... it's an incredible album. The early stuff is fantastic too. Typical of those "overnight success" stories.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
tony

Post by tony »

ok when it hits €3.99 I am buying.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
fergus

Post by fergus »

This arrived today and I listened to it over dinner tonight with Mrs. Fergus. I have to say up front that my 19 year old daughter was singularly unimpressed!
As for me I liked it on first listen but it certainly is not up to the same standard as Dear Heather.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Ivor wrote:
and a 2CD Compilation from Blue Note "Feelin' Blue" with Grant Green, Sonny Criss, Jimmy Smith, Duke Ellington, Jacy Terrasson yada yada
Looks lovely. You know my feelings on Duke Ellington by now. I have always liked Grant Green and Sonny Criss is marvellous, he had a gorgeous tone and delivered wonderful phrasing in his solos, enjoy.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Seán wrote:
Ivor wrote:
Looks lovely. You know my feelings on Duke Ellington by now. I have always liked Grant Green and Sonny Criss is marvellous, he had a gorgeous tone and delivered wonderful phrasing in his solos, enjoy.
I've discovered a few gems I didn't know on here too.... will elaborate tomorrow!

Jacky Terrasson just came to mind
Last edited by Ivor on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Jacky Terrasson