32awg 99.99% Pure Silver Wire Silk Wrapped - Tonearm Rewire?

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Andy S

32awg 99.99% Pure Silver Wire Silk Wrapped - Tonearm Rewire?

Post by Andy S »

I recently bought a roll of double silk wrapped pure silver wire which is 0.20mm in diameter which equates to
32awg which is the common diameter of tonearm wire.

I have made up an Ipod LOD cable with this cable and it sounds excellent. I am also going to experiment making up some
interconnects using this wire.

The silver wire itself is the same diameter as a human hair so is not suitable for speaker cable even if it was used in multiple strands, I can supply 16awg multistranded pure silver wire for this purpose but this is very expensive due to the extreme cost of silver.

If anyone is thinking of trying a DIY rewire on their tonearm I think this will prove to be an excellent wire for this purpose.

At €2.00 a metre it could be a real bargain too!
Fran
Site Admin

Re: 32awg 99.99% Pure Silver Wire Silk Wrapped - Tonearm Rew

Post by Fran »

Andy - I'll take 6m off ya.... send me a PM with how you would like payment?
Do or do not, there is no try
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Fran

PM Sent.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Fran

I found your address, I'm heading off to the Post Office now, you should have the wire on Monday.

Regards.

Andy
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

hi andy i would also like some i would like 10 to 12 metres of the cable .i will send you one of my brothers euro cheques and i will also send your tapes -
my wife had a baby daughter 6 days ago so im a bit behind with things-
i may have to call her tir na after the forum and she will be quiet and sensible
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

giant haystacks wrote: my wife had a baby daughter 6 days ago so im a bit behind with things-
i may have to call her tir na after the forum and she will be quiet and sensible

Congrats to you both big man.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

giant haystacks wrote: my wife had a baby daughter 6 days ago so im a bit behind with things-
Excellent stuff. Congratulations!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
cybot

Post by cybot »

Congratulations on the new arrival. Hope Mum and baby are well....
Last edited by cybot on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy S

Post by Andy S »

Giant Haystacks, congratulations on your new arrival, just let me know how much wire you need and I will send it to you.

Regards,

Andy
fergus

Post by fergus »

giant haystacks wrote:my wife had a baby daughter 6 days ago
Many congratulations to you both!!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra