Listening Project Calendar

fergus

Re: Listening Project Calendar

Post by fergus »

bombasticDarren wrote:Put me down for May...

Well done Darren....looking forward to it!!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

Diapason wrote:I'll do May if you'd like. I'm sure I can think of something suitable before then!

Edit: June then!!

Great stuff Simon....plenty of time to pull something out of the bag at the last minute!!
Jared

Post by Jared »

fergus wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote:Put me down for May...

Well done Darren....looking forward to it!!
Fergus, you chose something to get us going... would you like to put your name down for another month, with a choice of your own?
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote: Fergus, you chose something to get us going... would you like to put your name down for another month, with a choice of your own?
No thank you Jared....this is really building momentum and I am very pleased at how it is going. I would rather others got a chance to air their preferences and favourites. I would not like mine to be the recurring voice in the background (the broken record!!!).
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

So...how much in advance can we announce our choice for the future projects without taking the thunder from the current one ?

I think that most of you will like my choice. I also plan to check out books at the university where I work to give some information about the work (or works) that I have in mind.

Matt.
fergus

Post by fergus »

ravel30 wrote:So...how much in advance can we announce our choice for the future projects without taking the thunder from the current one ?

I think that most of you will like my choice. I also plan to check out books at the university where I work to give some information about the work (or works) that I have in mind.

Matt.

As soon as you like Matt. That will also give the rest of us time to relisten to the version or versions that we may have so that we can formulate our opinion and therefore be ready for the discussion.
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

fergus wrote:
ravel30 wrote:So...how much in advance can we announce our choice for the future projects without taking the thunder from the current one ?

Matt.

As soon as you like Matt. That will also give the rest of us time to relisten to the version or versions that we may have so that we can formulate our opinion and therefore be ready for the discussion.
Interesting... Well, I will sleep on it and come back to you with an announcement sometimes before the end of the week.
Jared

Post by Jared »

ravel30 wrote:Interesting... Well, I will sleep on it and come back to you with an announcement sometimes before the end of the week.
I'll look forward very much to posting your conclusion in the opening post, Matt... I'm quite convinced your month will be an enlightening one. :-)
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

I have one more question for you my friends and it is a rather important one. Should the chosen listening project be only one work that is, say, at most 80 minutes in length or could it be a series of work that take a reasonable amount of time to listen to. For example, would a full symphony cycle that takes 4 to 5 cds total be too much ? (This example may or may not be what I have in mind :) )

Matt
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

I definitely think a symphony cycle is too much, at least for the early stages of this little project. I'm struggling to find time to write up my findings on 4 short concertos, so I'd really struggle to acquire, listen to, and write a sensible post on a larger-scale cycle!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2