My devices on Tour

jkeny

Re: My devices on Tour

Post by jkeny »

Ivor wrote:
jkeny wrote:Maybe, I'm feeling a bit hung-over after last night's wine? Don't know?
Ah now... it can't be that! ;)
Maybe I need another bottle - you have me hooked. I think I'll call you Doc Ivor now :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

O'Briens have a half price sale!
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

I edited my earlier post but this may not have been seen

I'm taking on board what Diapson has said - this is the type of feedback I need.
What about I provide a USB stick with all software that's needed along with some test audio files both 16/44 & high-res?

Let me know if this is of interest? Just trying to clear the obstacles for people!
Last edited by jkeny on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Diapason

Post by Diapason »

Ivor's wines are surely hangover free...

John, I think the USB stick is a great idea. As you say, anything to clear the hurdles. Actually, I don't think I even have the right USB cable. I suck at the 21st century!
Nerdcave: ...is no more! :(
Sitting Room: Wadia 581SE - Rega Planar 3/AT VM95ML & SH - Bluesound Node II - Copland CSA 100 - Audioplan Kontrast 3
Kitchen: WiiM Pro - Wadia 151 - B&W 685s2
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Diapason wrote:Ivor's wines are surely hangover free...
Yes, I jest :)
John, I think the USB stick is a great idea. As you say, anything to clear the hurdles. Actually, I don't think I even have the right USB cable. I suck at the 21st century!
I already provide the correct USB cable & a direct USB connector for an alternative approach!

In fact when I provide a USB stick with the software & drivers on it all that will be needed to do is run setup on the USB stick, plug in the DAC, press play & listen.

If you then want to listen to your own CDs you can use the EAC software on USB to copy one or more of your CDs to disk. If you want to listen to other high-res files then you can look at downloading them.

Are there any other obstacles or help that I can provide?

Edit: any suggestions for albums or tracks to include on USB stick?
www.Ciunas.biz
tony

Post by tony »

Ah yes just had some more of ivors medicine and plugged in dac and its bliss. Ah so easy just cut and paste no searching for cd cases. Not sure if its the wine or the dac! Ivor sells very nice olive oil will probably have to have a salad with some of that tomorrow night and try again and must write a message to stay off the other stuff. Fergus I need your ears to confirm what I am hearing. Fergus you did say that you fancied a cyrus cd8se at some point?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
fergus

Post by fergus »

tony wrote:Fergus I need your ears to confirm what I am hearing. Fergus you did say that you fancied a cyrus cd8se at some point?
I will definitely be in touch Tony!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Ah some of that aul shite wine outta ranelagh.....

I do think a lot will be of the mind that they wouldn't sign up unless they were seriously interested (i.e. thinking already of committing)...... whereas I think John's idea is much more of a "hey anyone want to try out computer audio?" without strings attached. Person gets to try out computer audio for free, John gets feedback. Costs nothing and everyone goes home happy...

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Exactly, Fran!!
No strings attached, no guilt!
All I asked was for people to post their impressions!
www.Ciunas.biz
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Fran wrote:Ah some of that aul shite wine outta ranelagh.....
Yer Barred!

Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable