What are you listening to?

bombasticDarren

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by bombasticDarren »

ravel30 wrote:Great. I know about Ipswich. This is where Greg Forrest (one of the best canadian football goaltender) used to play. Nice to hear that Darren.

Matt.
I'm sure you mean Craig Forrest Matt ;-)

He is a friend of my mothers and used to give us free tickets to some matches years ago :-)
bombasticDarren

Brahms - Piano Concerto No.1 (Rudolf Buchbinder/Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Warner Apex)

Jared

Post by Jared »

first listen, first symphony...
ravel30

Post by ravel30 »

bombasticDarren wrote:
ravel30 wrote:Great. I know about Ipswich. This is where Greg Forrest (one of the best canadian football goaltender) used to play. Nice to hear that Darren.

Matt.

He is a friend of my mothers and used to give us free tickets to some matches years ago :-)
Of course I did. Sorry about that. I always thought that he looked like a gentleman on tv. Now I know that he is for real.

Matt.
bombasticDarren

Brahms - Four Ballades (Rudolf Buchbinder, Warner Apex)

Seán

Post by Seán »

Earlier today I asked my wife if she would like to listen to orchestral or piano music, I wasn't prepared to listen to Lyric FM, and she replied that she would like some piano music. We spent the afternoon listening to Mozart.

CDs: 1, 2 & 3
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Piano Sonatas: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
Rondos: in C, K330 & in A, K511

Maria João Pires - Piano

Beautiful!
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
Seán

Post by Seán »

ravel30 wrote:
bombasticDarren wrote:

Matt.

Of course I did. Sorry about that. I always thought that he looked like a gentleman on tv. Now I know that he is for real.
Matt.
I have had a soft spot for Ispwich Town FC ever since their glory days under Bobby Robson, it's a shame they never won the league.
Last edited by Seán on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To appreciate the greatness of the Masters is to keep faith in the greatness of humanity." - Wilhelm Furtwängler
fergus

Post by fergus »

Jared wrote:BWV: 94, 168 & 105... sees like I'm going to be Cantata-ing my toward the Four Seasons... lol
You could do a lot worse Jared!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Seán

Post by Seán »

Henry Purcell
Instrumental music from
The Fairy Queen
Dido and Aeneas

Freiburger Barackorchester
Thomas Hengelbrock

I love it and yes I know it's Purcell, but I love it, it's the Freiburger effect.
fergus

Post by fergus »

ravel30 wrote: Image
That looks interesting Matt. I do not have much by Dausgaard but I have liked what I have heard.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra