New JKDAC32 USB DAC

Equipment, accessory and music reviews
Fran
Site Admin

Re: New JKDAC32 USB DAC

Post by Fran »

Simple enough reason really: the jkdac uses an ESS chip and I already have 2 dacs that use this exact chip, so I decided to go for a different chip. Wasn't down to any kind of sonic preference or anything, just variety!!
Do or do not, there is no try
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

The jkdac32 really is impressive......
Do or do not, there is no try
Sligolad

Post by Sligolad »

Sounds like it is burning in nicely Fran, i noticed it improving over the first 24 hours and it has been a joy since.
All the recent work on JPlay has continued to open up more and more surprises through the DAC, from music i thought i knew well.

Post by giant haystacks »

i have an old sony transport and dac called sony cpd r1 and das r1 one of the 40kg combos
anyway im lost with all the digital technology but the engineer in enniskillen rodney hanna says this dac can be modifyed to sound as good as something at £10 thousand it has the tda 1541a chip so il have to write down his plans to let the forum members know his ideas
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Purchased and picked up my JKDAC32 from John last Saturday and I've been playing it since so I've a good idea of how it sounds now . From an operational point of view it's straightforward and I'm using it with the Young driver downloaded from the m2tech.biz site. I'd been using this before with the JKMK2Hiface so installation is familiar.

The sound quality of the JKDAC32 is superb,I'm not going to ramble on about it but the delicacy and musicality of it are thrilling and it's a step up in performance in comparison with the JKMK2Hiface and Benchmark Dac1 combination. This is my third purchase from JK ,( Mk1,Mk2 Hifaces and the JKDAC32) and all have operated without any issue.

Highly recommended.

KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Thanks Ken,
I'm delighted you are enjoying it.
I'll have to set-up a customer loyalty program - just for you :)
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
audioexcels

Post by audioexcels »

Ken Moreland wrote:Purchased and picked up my JKDAC32 from John last Saturday and I've been playing it since so I've a good idea of how it sounds now . From an operational point of view it's straightforward and I'm using it with the Young driver downloaded from the m2tech.biz site. I'd been using this before with the JKMK2Hiface so installation is familiar.

The sound quality of the JKDAC32 is superb,I'm not going to ramble on about it but the delicacy and musicality of it are thrilling and it's a step up in performance in comparison with the JKMK2Hiface and Benchmark Dac1 combination. This is my third purchase from JK ,( Mk1,Mk2 Hifaces and the JKDAC32) and all have operated without any issue.

Highly recommended.

KM
Do you use a preamp or go directly to your amps with the setup?
tony

Post by tony »

I use it directly into my amp as it is integrated but you can use it with a preamp also. It works exactly like a CD player etc.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

I'm using it with a preamp but you could use it direct and control volume using software like JPlay or Foobar, in which case be careful.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
audioexcels

Post by audioexcels »

Just asking the question to see how people like it going direct to the amps vs. use of a preamp. I've always preferred a preamp regardless unless the device has a nice discreet active preamp built into it already and most components, even top shelf, have poorly implemented preamp stages.