Cloney's Sound and Vision Show 2011

fergus

Re: Cloney's Sound and Vision Show 2011

Post by fergus »

jkeny wrote:Doh! I didn't read the first page of this thread :)
No problem John....at least you did not miss the show!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

I might be able to get there for 10 on the Sunday after all - now that I realise it starts so early... two hours should do it!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Have we any idea of what times the "Lars" cable thing is on at? Have to see that! (yes, see, not hear!)

Any idea of when Eleanor McEvoy is due on?

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

DaveF wrote:http://www.cloneyaudio.com/cgi-bin/news ... record=134

Looking forward to hearing the Leben amps. They come highly regarded.
Dave, I recently heard a Leben CS300 & wasn't impressed. It was running into Audio Note speakers (but I'm not sure of the model - they were about 4 foot high models).

The guy also had a Wavac MD-300B tube amplifier but he hadn't time to turn it on. Pity!
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
andy1971

Post by andy1971 »

jkeny wrote:
DaveF wrote:http://www.cloneyaudio.com/cgi-bin/news ... record=134

Looking forward to hearing the Leben amps. They come highly regarded.
Dave, I recently heard a Leben CS300 & wasn't impressed. It was running into Audio Note speakers (but I'm not sure of the model - they were about 4 foot high models).

The guy also had a Wavac MD-300B tube amplifier but he hadn't time to turn it on. Pity!
Hi John. I wasn't impressed with it myself until I change impendance setting from 4 to 8 Ohms.
andy1971

Post by andy1971 »

Ivor wrote:I'm afraid I won't make it this year but the good news is you can visit my wine shop in nearby Ranelagh. Bring cash and trailers.
What is the name of your shop? I'm interested in wine and H-Fi and I live in Ranelagh for the last 9 years.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

andy1971 wrote:
Ivor wrote:I'm afraid I won't make it this year but the good news is you can visit my wine shop in nearby Ranelagh. Bring cash and trailers.
What is the name of your shop? I'm interested in wine and H-Fi and I live in Ranelagh for the last 9 years.
It's The Wine Buff on The Triangle, opposite Subway or the Ranelagh chipper. Drop in anytime, no pressure ;)
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Aiming for going to this on Saturday...... if anyone is around give us a text/email......
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Fran, I should be around about 3:00 if you want to text/phone me?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

A1 John,

sounds like a plan....