Recommended Beverages.

For everything else..... try not to spill your drinks OK?
Sligolad

Re: Recommended Beverages.

Post by Sligolad »

Hi Ivor,

Good to add a face to the name as well and it was a pleasure.

Enjoying the Chateau Pelan Bellevue with herself at the moment, it has really settled well on my palette on the second glass.

A really enjoyable wine and i do hope not to have much of a head in the morning given the origin and production methods used.

Enough of the pleasantries.... a smashing bottle of wine with a nice pleasant buzz.
I will be Back!!

Post by Ivor »

Sligolad wrote: Enjoying the Chateau Pelan Bellevue with herself at the moment, it has really settled well on my palette on the second glass.

A really enjoyable wine and i do hope not to have much of a head in the morning given the origin and production methods used.
Glad to hear that, the Pelan really deserves decanting to get the air in there but either way... the head will be fine in the morning unless you have other indulgences!

Great meeting you too Pearse.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Popped into Ivor's shop earlier. Lovely spot it is. Recommended!
Although the conversation today was more Hifi than wine! :-)
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
tony

Post by tony »

Just noticed this on the forum. congratulations Ivor and best of luck with the venture. Great to see somebody getting to try something totally different especially in this environment.Will be living nearby shortly and will drop in for some vino.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Opened this tonight. It was being held for a special occasion but leeds 3-2 win against a great peterboro team pushed me over the edge. I think it is fantastic. Strategically placed above the pelan but worth chasing out if it was hidden under a bush.

Had a chateau beaubois also from ivors new place. Highly recommended. Best of luck with the venture Ivor I hope it is a great success it certainly deserves to be
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
mcq

Post by mcq »

Tonight, an absolutely extraordinary Italian, the 2007 Casa Emma Soloio. It's the first Italian I've encountered that is 100% merlot, but, in terms of character, it remains 100% Italian. Give it 3 hours in a decanter and prepare to spend the rest of the night savouring every last drop of this concentrated, bittersweet elixir. It is exquisite from nose through to the mouth feel and on to the long-lasting finish. My God, there is nothing as sad as sipping the last drop from the last glass of a wine this good. This really is one to evangelise about to your friends and acquaintances. It is a shame, though, that it costs the not inconsiderable sum of €49, otherwise I'd be cracking open a second bottle right now. But the memory remains of a fabulous drink and, easily, the best Italian I've ever drunk. I expect that the only one that will seriously eclipse this will be the legendary Masseto, but that way madness lies.

Oh, and by the way, the very best of luck to Ivor on his new business venture.
Gryphon Diablo 300, dCS Rossini (with matching clock), Kharma Exquisite Mini, Ansuz C2, Finite Elemente Master Reference.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

tony wrote:Image

I think it is fantastic. Strategically placed above the pelan but worth chasing out if it was hidden under a bush.
Or the 100 year old bush from which the grapes came! Glad you liked it Tony, it's an exceptional wine alright.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Gerry D

Post by Gerry D »

Here's one for you Ivor ..
Attachments
IMG_023823.JPG
IMG_023823.JPG (72.25 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking" - Henry Ford
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Here's a great beer available in Yamamori's Oriental Cafe in South Great Georges Street, great grub too.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

We’re having the official opening of The Wine Buff Ranelagh next Thursday on December 1st at 6:30. Consider yourselves invited! I know some of you are already regular custometers but it would be great to see some new faces too... virgins "in the Buff" so to speak. Ahem.
We're on The Triangle in Ranelagh, almost under the LUAS bridge.