Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
cybot

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:on the TT

Everytime I see that cover I almost hear the waves rolling in and the piano notes bleeding into clusters on the shore ;-) Sad to see Jim's deterioration too....
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

from the original master tapes

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
JAW

Post by JAW »

DaveF wrote:from the original master tapes

What's it like? I have it on ordinary and coloured
vinyl as well as cd and they all sound very flat.
fergus

Post by fergus »

JAW wrote:

It is still a great album I think, or am I just showing my age?!
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

JAW wrote:

It sounded superb to me, no sign of flatness at all. I don't really have a comparison though as my previous copy was a cassette that belonged to my father years ago.
There are 2 vinyl versions that I have seen in Freebird. A recent remastered one that can be got for around 10Euro and one from the original master tapes for over 20Euro. I picked up the latter a few months ago and only seen the cheaper one recently but I've no idea how it sounds.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

a vinyl release from Rhino. I was a bit apprehensive getting this as the recent Rhino releases of The Doors albums were a mixed bag for me. Thankfully this copy is near perfect.

cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:
JAW wrote:

It is still a great album I think, or am I just showing my age?!
If that's the case then I'm showing mine too! I think it's a great album too and my copy (original vinyl) certainly certainly does not show any signs of flatness etc
cybot

Post by cybot »

fergus wrote:Image
Long before I ever got into vinyl or was it the other way round lol I used to gaze longingly at that cover at a friend's house...
cybot

Post by cybot »

DaveF wrote:a vinyl release from Rhino. I was a bit apprehensive getting this as the recent Rhino releases of The Doors albums were a mixed bag for me. Thankfully this copy is near perfect.

That's a brilliant album there Dave :-) I actually remember them doing Yours Is No Disgrace on TOTP on the then new album spot.... Funny you should say that about the Doors, I must dig out the ones I got and compare them to the originals. Still I never really liked the production on a few of their albums anyway, particularly the first one. The two albums that really stood out for sound was Waiting For The Sun and The Soft Parade and maybe Morrison Hotel....Still it's the music that really counts, isn't it! As an aside, the best sonic version I ever heard of The End was on the Apocalypse Now soundtrack!