HIFI Wigwam closed down

JFK

HIFI Wigwam closed down

Post by JFK »

Hi , Cannot access this site anymore - was it in trouble ?
Fran
Site Admin

Re: HIFI Wigwam closed down

Post by Fran »

I was never a member but only looked in there a week or 2 back.

A good few people from there also hang out on pinkfishmedia, maybe try there?

Might just be server issues.....

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

Nope, its closed down for good. I was a member there but rarely if ever posted.

Here's the reason why:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6330/wamclosed.jpg

and a thread about it elsewhere
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12152
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Derek

Post by Derek »

A real shame I enjoyed popping in now and again.
NigeAmp, NigeSD DAC, Airtight ATM-4, Ruark Accolades, Pink Triangle TT, Roksan Artimiz, Clearaudio Discovery, Tom Evans Microgroove Plus, Fran DAC, Dalkey Audio Interconnects.
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

It is a shame but as we found out ourselves there were some quite confrontational people there. One comment on geography became political. I was involved years (and years) ago in a DVD hardware site and more than once we considered pulling the plug because of trolls and threatened litigation.
We're a very civilised bunch here on tirnahifi by internet standards. No honestly... we are.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:It is a shame but as we found out ourselves there were some quite confrontational people there. One comment on geography became political. I was involved years (and years) ago in a DVD hardware site and more than once we considered pulling the plug because of trolls and threatened litigation.
We're a very civilised bunch here on tirnahifi by internet standards. No honestly... we are.

It's nice to be reminded from time to time....
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

The 'Wam' as it called, is due to be back up sometime during the week but with some changes and better enforcement of the rules to keep the keyboard warriors at bay. Something along those lines anyway.
I too often felt that the vibe over there was a bit aggressive and whereas I'm always up for a cable debate, over there the attitudes were often one of arrogance and a dismissive attitute from a small minority.
"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

DaveF wrote: ... over there the attitudes were often one of arrogance and a dismissive attitute from a small minority.
Yep, I got that several times with fuses, isolation, cables etc. It wasn't as if I was asking for opinions either!
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

There seems to have been a very poor management technique over there from all I read. Kind of a naive "free speech" system which forgot to factor in peoples and manufacturers reactions to being slagged off - and of course a "pack" seemed to set up shop there too.

Anyway, the uncharitable have labelled the owner as a prima donna - saying that once he got swamped by a load of emails begging him not to close, he felt loved again and decided he might open up again.

How easy it will be to open back up and enforce a new moderation policy will be interesting I think!! Good luck with that!

Fran
Do or do not, there is no try
giant haystacks

Post by giant haystacks »

there is to much agression on the uk forums i cant have that at all .very little to do with music.