Rock - what are you listening to?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: Rock - what are you listening to?

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:
Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote: I still have a blurry but very nice black and white photo that Dave took at one of their concerts.
many years ago I used to edit/publish/write 90% of a freesheet newspaper in Temple Bar and Dave was our gig photograapher. This was long before Road Records. He had a great eye for a shot even then.

http://fanzinotheque.centredoc.fr/opac/ ... l_typdoc=a
Wow! Thanks for that Ivor. Have you seen Images From The Phoenix Park?
Actually I did.... I'm not sure where or when but now that you mention it I'm reminded I did see them. There's quite a few photographers (who have money behind them for PR and premesis) who are making a nice living selling shots like that and they're nowhere near as good as Dave. But there ye go, it was ever thus. I hope he's doing ok.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
JAW

Post by JAW »

jadarin wrote:I really like that Cardigans album.Much better that G.T.You should have a listen to this A Camp album.It's
Nina Perssons debut solo album from 2001 and is produced by the late great Mark Linkous.. it's like a precursor to
the Long gone before daylight album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj_bPpvQEZM
Thanks for that Jad, I didn't know she had a solo album. Very taken with her lyrics at the moment!
Fran
Site Admin

Post by Fran »

Do or do not, there is no try
cybot

Post by cybot »

Inspired by Camelot on the box tonight. Of Once And Future Kings indeed....

cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
Actually I did.... I'm not sure where or when but now that you mention it I'm reminded I did see them. There's quite a few photographers (who have money behind them for PR and premesis) who are making a nice living selling shots like that and they're nowhere near as good as Dave. But there ye go, it was ever thus. I hope he's doing ok.
Gib was telling me only last week that he's a very contented house husband while Julie's out teaching English to foreign students. Plus, of course, he's still doing the photography....
DaveF

Post by DaveF »

on turntable this afternoon....

"I may skip. I may even warp a little.... But I will never, ever crash. I am your friend for life. " -Vinyl.
Michell Gyrodec SE, Hana ML cart, Parasound JC3 Jr, Stax LR-700, Stax SRM-006ts Energiser, Quad Artera Play+ CDP
cybot

Post by cybot »

On the NA,

Revisiting old memories..... ". . .the sloe-black, slow, black,crowblack, fishing-boat-bobbing sea," "It is night neddying among the snuggeries of babies"

cybot

Post by cybot »

God, this take me right back! I remember buying this after mass on a Sunday in a certain strange town. My very first Groundhogs (double) Lp! 1973 or thereabout......

Footnote: Just found out that the Hog's main man Tony T S McPhee suffered a stroke three years ago and thankfully he's fine except for the fact that his voice is gone :-(
fergus

Post by fergus »

cybot wrote:On the NA,

Revisiting old memories..... ". . .the sloe-black, slow, black,crowblack, fishing-boat-bobbing sea," "It is night neddying among the snuggeries of babies"

Interesting, that one....my version is narrated by Richard Burton.
To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra
fergus

Post by fergus »

To be is to do: Socrates
To do is to be: Sartre
Do be do be do: Sinatra