What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Rock/Blues/Jazz/World/Folk/Country etc.
Ivor

Re: What music did you buy/get in the post today?

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:Another vinyl one from Tower..
I was in there myself today about 2:00pm.

I left with...
and
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Ivor wrote:
cybot wrote:Another vinyl one from Tower..
I was in there myself today about 2:00pm.

I left with...
and

Just missed you then :-( The second album is a beautifully presented little thing. Not sure about the music though.... Let us know what you think.
Tertonmike

Post by Tertonmike »

These just in:

...and this one's ordered but not en route yet:

"Music is the antidote to the world of pain and sorrow"
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

cybot wrote:The second album is a beautifully presented little thing. Not sure about the music though.... Let us know what you think.
Fantastic. The pop sense of The Cardigans with electro doodlings going on all around it. A Swedish grasp of English makes the lyrics interesting and they use the cadence of words to play agianst the beat. That's all a bit wordy but basically it's great intelligent elecro pop with a dark edge.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
cybot

Post by cybot »

Thought missing but this absolutely gorgeous little vinyl artefact finally arrived this afternoon....

This is what it says on the sticker : "Context is the first in a series of SMM compilations. Exclusive material by Peter Broderick,Goldmund,Svarte Greiner,Leyland Kirby, Jacaszek and more...."
tony

Post by tony »

Heard this on a bbc4 programme the other night which was about the history of the blues.Very enjoyable. Anyway was in spin dizzy yesterday and this cd was available in the secondhand section so had to buy(mono/stereo) .

GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:Heard this on a bbc4 programme the other night which was about the history of the blues.Very enjoyable. Anyway was in spin dizzy yesterday and this cd was available in the secondhand section so had to buy(mono/stereo) .

Friggin' classic is that :-) May I also humbly recommend the expanded version of Hard Road featuring the mercurial talents of St. Peter Anthony Green who, as you probably know, went on to form a very little known group who went by the name of Mac, I think ;-)

tony

Post by tony »

You may Dermot and at €4.99 for the remastered version at play.com I have ordered just now.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
tony

Post by tony »

Got this also in spindizzy. totally different cover but I think its a rough gem.

cybot

Post by cybot »

tony wrote:You may Dermot and at €4.99 for the remastered version at play.com I have ordered just now.

Nice one Tony :-)