MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
Aleg

Re: MQN

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:After more detailed listening, I can say that my favorite version is 2.71 intel raw.
The 1024's, specially the last ones are to filtered, to dry, no air with missing details and highs. No life!
I hate to be a party-breaker, but this is just my opinion and that is how it sound in my system.

Does anyone knows how to find HPET in BIOS in Zuma?

I'm not into this Zuma world at all, but if they all use the same Intel DH77EB motherboard, then you can find it here:

Advanced > Chipset Configuration Menu
Option: High Precision Timer (enable/disable)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Sd, sw, etc are VERY nice. Still has the warmth and balance of the earlier 1024 but now there is a little more 3D and *excellent* low level detail as aleg noted. I think I prefer sw right now. These three have pulled a little ahead of the earlier versions I've heard. Seriously is there ANY other player out there right now that comes close? Jplay has a kind of polished veil compared to MQN.

I keep my Win32Sep high still though (37), just sounds smoother to me.
Eclipse W6520R/Satori TW29R MTM
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

wushuliu wrote:Sd, sw, etc are VERY nice. Still has the warmth and balance of the earlier 1024 but now there is a little more 3D and *excellent* low level detail as aleg noted. I think I prefer sw right now. These three have pulled a little ahead of the earlier versions I've heard. Seriously is there ANY other player out there right now that comes close? Jplay has a kind of polished veil compared to MQN.

how does 37 compare to 18(2012 default) or 26 (win8 default)?
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

jesuscheung wrote:
wushuliu wrote:Sd, sw, etc are VERY nice. Still has the warmth and balance of the earlier 1024 but now there is a little more 3D and *excellent* low level detail as aleg noted. I think I prefer sw right now. These three have pulled a little ahead of the earlier versions I've heard. Seriously is there ANY other player out there right now that comes close? Jplay has a kind of polished veil compared to MQN.

The higher the warmer and more enveloping the sound. Depending on the version it can be too much, but in general prefer 26 or higher. I use 8.1.
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

wushuliu wrote:
jesuscheung wrote:

The higher the warmer and more enveloping the sound. Depending on the version it can be too much, but in general prefer 26 or higher. I use 8.1.
if you like 37, you should try 41 as well. their only difference is 37 is variable quantum, 41 is fixed quantum.
forget what they mean for now. just try 41.
sima66

Post by sima66 »

Aleg wrote:
sima66 wrote:After more detailed listening, I can say that my favorite version is 2.71 intel raw.
The 1024's, specially the last ones are to filtered, to dry, no air with missing details and highs. No life!
I hate to be a party-breaker, but this is just my opinion and that is how it sound in my system.

I'm not into this Zuma world at all, but if they all use the same Intel DH77EB motherboard, then you can find it here:

Cheers

Aleg
Yes, that's the Intell DH77EB MoBo, but, after "Advanced", I don't see the "Chipset Configuration Menu"!!
Is there some other step between, or I'm getting crazy?!
I5 4440+TXCOmobo+JCAT Femto-Intona-JKRegen+HynesPS+TeraDak ATX-820W=JCATusb=DiverterHR=Wadia 931/922(GNSC mod)=PassLabsXA100.5=2xValhalla=Stacked&moded ESL57+JAS SuperTweet+2MJ Acoustics Ref.I
4SteinHarmonizers;RR777;Tellus;StillpointsUltraSS
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

sima66 wrote:
Aleg wrote:

Cheers

Aleg
Yes, that's the Intell DH77EB MoBo, but, after "Advanced", I don't see the "Chipset Configuration Menu"!!
Is there some other step between, or I'm getting crazy?!
No there is no step in between.

They may have moved it. Does your BIOS show this location: Configuration > On-Board Devices?
It could be in there, as High Precision Timer.

Is your BIOS up to date?

Cheers

Aleg
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

I believe it was Nige who asked about the effect of AudioPhilOptimiser on R2 when using MQN.

I just applied the AudiophilOptimiser v 1.21, on my prefered tweaked version of R2.

I does not improve the sound, but reduces sound quality in my case.
The sound looses some of it clarity, it reduces the highs, while maintaining the mids and also loosing some of the vibrations in the lows.

After I turned HPET (useplatformclock) off, it became slightly better, but not as good as without optimisation.

My best settings for MQN are without optimiser (be it CAD or AudioPhil) and some manually applied specific tweaks in registry.

Maybe when the optimisers are used there are other tweaks that would improve it again, but it is not an improvement in all cases.

When using JPlay 2PC streaming the use of AudioPhil optimiser was a definite improvement without a shadow of doubt, but not so in my case with MQN.

This shows sound quality all depends very much on system and software used and registry tweaks specific for that combination.

Cheers

Aleg
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Aleg wrote:I believe it was Nige who asked about the effect of AudioPhilOptimiser on R2 when using MQN.

I just applied the AudiophilOptimiser v 1.21, on my prefered tweaked version of R2.

I does not improve the sound, but reduces sound quality in my case.
The sound looses some of it clarity, it reduces the highs, while maintaining the mids and also loosing some of the vibrations in the lows.

After I turned HPET (useplatformclock) off, it became slightly better, but not as good as without optimisation.

My best settings for MQN are without optimiser (be it CAD or AudioPhil) and some manually applied specific tweaks in registry.

Maybe when the optimisers are used there are other tweaks that would improve it again, but it is not an improvement in all cases.

When using JPlay 2PC streaming the use of AudioPhil optimiser was a definite improvement without a shadow of doubt, but not so in my case with MQN.

This shows sound quality all depends very much on system and software used and registry tweaks specific for that combination.

Cheers

Aleg
thx

I was expecting some of that
as these scripts were tested and made for jplay

heres where im at atm

r2
disabled all firewalls and internet security
HPET disabled
Changed clockrate for 1024
installed visual studio 13 and composer as per JC

Thats all im sure has had a positive effect

Still have to try the win seperation yet
what was the pathway and the value again?

im a bit lost on the resolution timer
you said theres a progam to set it
got confused reading the link?

dont think I can set my buffer for my dac

did I miss a trick?
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
wushuliu

Post by wushuliu »

Win32Separation

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl key.

Win32Sep values have a strong impact in my setup.
Hifime Es9038Pro
3eaudio TPA3251