MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
sbgk

Re: MQN

Post by sbgk »

has anyone with decent ears/system tried lekt player yet ? Just wondering if it worth spending time disassembling it yet, wouldn't want MQn to miss out.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

cant get sound out of it, tried a few times
need to try a bit harder and or get help
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
cvrle59

Post by cvrle59 »

cvrle59 wrote:There is an issue with 2.71 intel 1024 raw background in my system. I do use 1024 control. I haven't gone into extensive test to be more accurate, but if I pick all the tracks from an album (about 10 or so), it would play kind of half way through, then it start skipping. Similar effect like you play versions 2 on computer only, or even worse than that. I have to stop it and start it again.
I did happen pretty much every time when I loaded bunch of tracks. If you play a few, everything is fine. This never happened with previous versions.
I am wondering what clock rate do you need to set-up for these 1024 version? Could that be an issue.
BTW, we forget 2.71 V2 to quickly, there is a lot of nice stuff in it. I played it again tonight, V2 is a sweet version.
i3 Haswell, PPAStudio USB3 card and USB Micro cable/Chord Hugo/Nad-275BEE/Harbeth-30.1
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

cvrle59 wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:There is an issue with 2.71 intel 1024 raw background in my system. I do use 1024 control. I haven't gone into extensive test to be more accurate, but if I pick all the tracks from an album (about 10 or so), it would play kind of half way through, then it start skipping. Similar effect like you play versions 2 on computer only, or even worse than that. I have to stop it and start it again.
I did happen pretty much every time when I loaded bunch of tracks. If you play a few, everything is fine. This never happened with previous versions.
I am wondering what clock rate do you need to set-up for these 1024 version? Could that be an issue.
BTW, we forget 2.71 V2 to quickly, there is a lot of nice stuff in it. I played it again tonight, V2 is a sweet version.
my favorite is 2.71 v1. super vocal coz the soundstage is simple.
second favorite is 2.72 v2. soundstage is more exciting at the expense of slightly weaker vocal and bass layer.

in the history of MQn, i find that the better the soundstage(more 3D more dynamic more organic), the weaker is the vocal (and bass).

i am old school. soundstage is not important to me. nowadays people loves soundstage.
sbgk

Post by sbgk »

jesuscheung wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:
second favorite is 2.72 v2. soundstage is more exciting at the expense of slightly weaker vocal and bass layer.

in the history of MQn, i find that the better the soundstage(more 3D more dynamic more organic), the weaker is the vocal (and bass).

i am old school. soundstage is not important to me. nowadays people loves soundstage.
maybe a mono version would be best for you, can't get more old school than that.
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

lol. there are a lot of ways to get soundstage. but there is only one way to get musicality and emotions- ie from the music source ie cd player, DAC+software player etc.

look at all these new dynamic headphones featuring soundstage. they have forgotten the music.
Aleg

Post by Aleg »

jesuscheung wrote:
cvrle59 wrote:

JC

Don't agree on that.

Having a soundstage is trying to recreate a live experience. All mastering engineers try to introduce a good soundstage in their recordings.

No soundstage is just accepting you are listening to a recording or just listening to sound instead of music.
Just like listening via headphones doesn't create a proper soundstage. Music isn't mastered to be heared separated into two channels each for one ear only. Music should be heared over speakers.
Oh, did I say that? :-() :-))

So I don't agree at all. ;-)

Cheers

Aleg
HDPLEX;picoPSU;ASUS Q87M;i7-4770T;PH SR7EHD;Server2012R2;Thesycon 2.24;
JCAT USB;Sonicweld DiverterHR2;Naim DC1;Chord Hugo;Morrow Audio MA6;Naim NAC-282,SuperCapDR;NAP-300;
AQ Cinnamon;GISO GB;Netgear Pro+XM21X;Cisco SG300;NAS-ZFS.
LowOrbit

Post by LowOrbit »

sbgk wrote:has anyone with decent ears/system tried lekt player yet ? Just wondering if it worth spending time disassembling it yet, wouldn't want MQn to miss out.
I cannot get it to run on either of my W8 machines. Got bored, played some tunes via MQn.
RPi/piCorePlayer/Buffalo2/DSP/NCores/Active Impulse H2s
jesuscheung

Post by jesuscheung »

Aleg wrote:
JC

Don't agree on that.

Having a soundstage is trying to recreate a live experience. All mastering engineers try to introduce a good soundstage in their recordings.

No soundstage is just accepting you are listening to a recording or just listening to sound instead of music.
Just like listening via headphones doesn't create a proper soundstage. Music isn't mastered to be heared separated into two channels each for one ear only. Music should be heared over speakers.
Oh, did I say that? :-() :-))

So I don't agree at all. ;-)

Cheers

Aleg
agree with you. great point. that explains why i sold the 800 and kept the 560.
Clive

Post by Clive »

jesuscheung wrote:lol. there are a lot of ways to get soundstage. but there is only one way to get musicality and emotions- ie from the music source ie cd player, DAC+software player etc.

look at all these new dynamic headphones featuring soundstage. they have forgotten the music.
I was at a small concert in Venice last Friday. The room was about 10m x 20m, there were 4 violins and a double bass. There are those that say soundtstage doesn't exist in live concerts, it did and was very obvious at this concert. I could easily pinpoint each musician. I think what happens with larger venues is that we sit further back and hear far more reflected sound so the soundstage is lost. With live electronic music there's little hope for soundstage but with good mic'ing it can be recorded.

In the case of soundstage I feel that recordings which reproduce this are in this aspect more faithful than the live experience we have in person.