MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
tony

Re: MQN

Post by tony »

Kinda scary Ken. I had issues initially I think caused by trying to play too many tracks and not giving them enough time to load. Imagine what it will be like on minimal core server. JPlay need to go in this direction. If you couple what this is producing with the streaming/functionality of Jplay it would be nirvana until next week when the next new player comes out.

Maybe this is the CA turntable that we have all secretly craved?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

This version must be tried
2.48 ntdqdqnt r8
theres parts of songs youve never heard before!!!!

ive uploaded it here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9j6q/Qe7aL08-jF
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Just listened to this latest version tonight. I've played 10 different tracks on MQN and now I going back over them in Jplay. The operating systems are different as Jplay is USB Core Server and linear power/batteries to both pc's. MQN is on a i3 laptop with no optimization , antivirus and firewalls untouched and connected through a printer USB cable. A straight comparison is unfair but MQN has beautiful detail and in these circumstances less body than Jplay. Overall excellent sound and easy to run.
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Ken Moreland wrote:Just listened to this latest version tonight. I've played 10 different tracks on MQN and now I going back over them in Jplay. The operating systems are different as Jplay is USB Core Server and linear power/batteries to both pc's. MQN is on a i3 laptop with no optimization , antivirus and firewalls untouched and connected through a printer USB cable. A straight comparison is unfair but MQN has beautiful detail and in these circumstances less body than Jplay. Overall excellent sound and easy to run.
KM

Are we (well you guys) getting close to a system where somebody, not unlike myself, could take a fairly bog-standard laptop, a decent DAC and using MQN along with minor tweaking have a very decent computer playback system? I have no doubt I'll get geeky later on but initially I'd like to simply use laptop + DAC + software + minor tweaking and have something listenable.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ken Moreland

Post by Ken Moreland »

Hi Ivor , Nige knows more but I think as long as you have a 64bit laptop with Intel CPU 64bit W7 or 8 and a DAC you're there. The sound is really excellent and the software is easy to use. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tw9i3e9dkky9 ... readme.txt
KM
i5 QuietPC , JplayFemto , Singxer SU-6 , Holo Audio Spring DAC ,LAB12 Preamp, Roundtree Mono Amps, Rosso Fiorentino Elba 2 Speakers
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ivor wrote:
Ken Moreland wrote:Just listened to this latest version tonight. I've played 10 different tracks on MQN and now I going back over them in Jplay. The operating systems are different as Jplay is USB Core Server and linear power/batteries to both pc's. MQN is on a i3 laptop with no optimization , antivirus and firewalls untouched and connected through a printer USB cable. A straight comparison is unfair but MQN has beautiful detail and in these circumstances less body than Jplay. Overall excellent sound and easy to run.
KM

Are we (well you guys) getting close to a system where somebody, not unlike myself, could take a fairly bog-standard laptop, a decent DAC and using MQN along with minor tweaking have a very decent computer playback system? I have no doubt I'll get geeky later on but initially I'd like to simply use laptop + DAC + software + minor tweaking and have something listenable.
Careful now !!!!!!
you could wake up with Batteries in your listening room one day

Ken's right this works great just on regular gear as long as its win 7 upwards and a 64bit Os
Id have a bit of a grumble about antivirus and firewall coz there gits for affecting sq, but it still would sound great

All the mad stuff over on build a dedicated audio pc still improves SQ, but with MQn were starting at a higher level
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

nige2000 wrote:
Ivor wrote:
KM

Careful now !!!!!!

Ken's right this works great just on regular gear as long as its win 7 upwards and a 64bit Os
Id have a bit of a grumble about antivirus and firewall coz there gits for affecting sq, but it still would sound great

All the mad stuff over on build a dedicated audio pc still improves SQ, but with MQn were starting at a higher level
Well I have no problem with addition tweaking further down the line but I'm just wondering if we're close to an almost "one box solution" because that what it reads like. I don't have the time at the moment to even listen but obviously I'm as weak as the next man for an oul' upgrade or new source.
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Ivor wrote:
nige2000 wrote: Careful now !!!!!!

Well I have no problem with addition tweaking further down the line but I'm just wondering if we're close to an almost "one box solution" because that what it reads like. I don't have the time at the moment to even listen but obviously I'm as weak as the next man for an oul' upgrade or new source.
cant foretell the future but its looking like a one box solution at the minute, dedicated systems could use lower spec components without any loss of sq
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Uploaded 2.49 no buff

usual crack "outstanding improvement "
this ones particularly well balanced more of finished sound
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Latest version is "The one" 2.52 V2
I've listened to the SSE2 version on my laptop (AMD CPU hence can't use SSE4 variant) - sounds absolutely the bees-knees

Have yet to listen to SSE4 variant on the NUC.
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.