MQN

Anything to do with computer audio, hardware, software etc.
jadarin

Re: MQN

Post by jadarin »

ll file share the complete music player folder myself later..
nige2000
That would be great.Thanks Nigel..
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tried the latest
i had to pry myself away from it
played every 16bit in sight its great
sd card player, modded soekris dac, class a lifepo4 amp or gb class a/b amp, diy open baffle speakers based on project audio mundorf trio 10's
tony

Post by tony »

Hard to know what version I am using there are so many. I believe it is the current one. Using kingston usb stick with R2 installed.
This aint bad at all. As we all realised the other night. Kinda shocking really minimal player on one pc it seems to only use tiny amount of ram and 0% cpu and 29 processses when running. R2 is in gui mode. I assume it could be switched to core and work using total commander?
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

Core is impossible no wasapi support
We'll not impossible but it's going to take someone gifted to fix it

Your listening to version 2.44 if you downloaded from me
I think it's the best right now
tony

Post by tony »

Gave MQN a bit of a whirl again this morning. Sound is sublime and after initial niggles which were down to my impatience it works very nicely.
As a freebie amazing what software can do. Huge soundstage mellow rich but still has all the detail.

Have the latest beta tester from Audiophil also. Got the optimizer installed on the various pc/laptops. There is more functionality and options than the earlier versions. Sound signature 1-4 and Digital filters A-D are the options along with the various disable options. Listening briefly now with Digital option D. I think the soundstage is significantly less than MQN but the harshness is gone from Flamingo sketches. TBH I don't have the time today to a proper comparison or even check what the Digital filter do.

For the cheapskate MQN might not have the functionality but it certainly delivers in the sonics. Didn't think for a moment testing next time would be MQN against Jplay! With Jplay having to prove its worth.
GroupBuySD DAC/First Watt AlephJ/NigeAmp/Audio PC's/Lampi L4.5 Dac/ Groupbuy AD1862 DHT Dac /Quad ESL63's.Tannoy Legacy Cheviots.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

tony wrote:Gave MQN a bit of a whirl again this morning. Sound is sublime and after initial niggles which were down to my impatience it works very nicely.
As a freebie amazing what software can do. Huge soundstage mellow rich but still has all the detail.

Have the latest beta tester from Audiophil also. Got the optimizer installed on the various pc/laptops. There is more functionality and options than the earlier versions. Sound signature 1-4 and Digital filters A-D are the options along with the various disable options. Listening briefly now with Digital option D. I think the soundstage is significantly less than MQN but the harshness is gone from Flamingo sketches. TBH I don't have the time today to a proper comparison or even check what the Digital filter do.

For the cheapskate MQN might not have the functionality but it certainly delivers in the sonics. Didn't think for a moment testing next time would be MQN against Jplay! With Jplay having to prove its worth.
server 2012 r2 needs optimisation

have you disabled the firewalls?

command prompt :
netsh advfirewall set AllProfiles state off

enhanced security disabled etc

given a level playing field it has to be better

and if audiophil does r2 support MQn will be great
jkeny

Post by jkeny »

Are you both saying that MQN improves with R2 optimisation?
By how much?
www.Ciunas.biz
For Digital Audio playback that delivers WHERE the performers are on stage but more importantly WHY they are there.
nige2000

Post by nige2000 »

jkeny wrote:Are you both saying that MQN improves with R2 optimisation?
By how much?
firewall and any sort of security function is a hell of a distraction for the os (always disrupting)
disabling enhanced security and firewall in r2 is essential for top SQ

Probably about half to three quarters the difference between mine and your pc at a guess

Audiophils script does all this stuff and more on r1
i think r2 with these disabled is better than audiophils early beta on r1
therefore i think r2 with the script whenever it comes out will be the best sq for both jplay and MQn
tony

Post by tony »

I am struggling to find any time this week to do a decent comparison. My brief test looks like MQN on R2 is better than latest Audiophil 2012 Core on Jplay streaming. That is not gospel.Need to do a decent test and would prefer a meet at some point to compare carefully. Need to read up what the digital filter options are doing in Audiophil script. I thought option 4 seemed to compress the soundstage.

MQN has the advantage running on R2 if it is the vast improvement people believe.
JPlay advantage is streaming(?) and Core script on 2012.

Next time I get a chance will disable the stuff Nigel advises and compare again but will be the weekend or early next week.

MQN could be tested in minimal server mode as per Nigels and compared to Jplay but that is PITA
as one has to switch from core to minimal then back.

No conclusions can be drawn until this is tried and tested. Reached the point were no more impulse CA buys as once you go down that route it becomes obsolete and another becomes the 'true' way

On BTW I was using Sig 4 on controlpc and Audiopc last week. I think any testing again needs to do those checks prior to starting as we were a bit all over the place last week. I blame John as a teacher he should have taken control of the class and imposed some logical order!