Your Opinion

Sloop John B

Re: Your Opinion

Post by Sloop John B »

I have a Squeezebox Touch that you are welcome to borrow if you want to tip your toes in the water and see what sort of quality this gives compared to your CDP (I think you might be surprised).

You could download a trial for dBpoweramp,fully functional trial for 21 days to get started on the ripping.

.sjb
sanbar

Post by sanbar »

Hi
Just want to give an update - you got me thinking and I have ended going up a total different route - I bought the Raumfeld Connector from Teufel - The setup was straight forward - I just had to download the app and attached my WD Passport where I had backed up all my music as FLAC files and connected it to my Amp

The sound is brilliant - There are a couple of Eric Bibb , Mick Flannery and Chieftains tracks etc that I use to check the sound and genuinely the reproduction was great - The app I found was very easy to use and its response is immediate - I got a big surprise in that the Album Art came through on the App

My kids added me to their Spotify account and again I was really surprised with the sound quality bearing in mind I was using a wireless connection -
There is also internet radio app built in I have only tied this briefly but from what I have tested to date ie Radio 5 I have not had any problems

I don't know why I was hell bent on the Brennan B2 or the Innuos which would have cost me a lot - For 149 Euros I have found the perfect solution for me as I was always ripping my CDs as flac files anyway

I would like to thank all that replied - I really appreciated your thoughts
Sloop John B

Post by Sloop John B »

I'd never heard of that, looks a great value device. Enjoy!

.sjb