Spring Clean!

For Sale/Wanted
Forum rules
Note that Tir Na HiFi does not take any responsibility for transactions arranged or carried out here. It is up to the seller and buyer to check each other out! Please be sensible folks, and if there is something you think is wrong, let a mod know, OK?

To make it as clear as we can, here are some simple guidelines:

a) like any forum, the success of tirnahifi is entirely dependent on discussion. All members are encouraged to participate in discussion of music, hifi, etc.
b) tirnahifi is not designed to be, nor intended to be, a marketplace. Any member who uses the site merely for selling will be looked on suspiciously.
c) those members who choose to sell on the site should be aware that the mods do keep an eye on the stuff for sale, plus the demeanour of the seller. Sometimes we may lock/delete/ban a sales thread on this basis.
d) honesty is paramount in all selling transactions. Commercial sellers who label themselves as such are accepted at the discretion of the moderating team.
e) All ads have to include information about age, price, provenance, etc.
f) THE MODERATING TEAM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ADS AT THEIR DISCRETION.
g) Commercial sellers should approach any of the moderation team in advance of posting. First time commercial posts without moderator contact will be removed.
Ivor

Spring Clean!

Post by Ivor »

Audio Innovations 200P Pre amp.
Worked very well with Quad ESL speakers in the mix but less so with the Eist. It's that old "synergy" thing.
Nicely detailed, warm and transparent sound, a little bit of "wear & tear" but not much. It sits on its own spikes. Tubes and caps upgraded.
The phono stage is highly regarded but I never used it, even when I dabbled with it I just got feedback and left it alone. If there is a problem with the phono stage it should be easily sorted.
€250 pre-amp now sold.

TEAC Quartz synthesizer tuner AT-93L "Reference Master" Tuner now sold - enjoy it Mick!
Surplus to requirements now but I enjoyed this a lot in the past. It can switch between two antennae so you can have a local signal and a cable/Satellite dish connected simultaneously. A natural deep warm sound. " The very rare AT-93 was Akai's most expensive and perhaps best tuner. "
€100 ono

Two Van Den Hul "The First Ultimate" 1.0 metre interconnects. Boxed.

Neither got much use as they're quite short for my system so occasional work on a head phone amp or whatever.

One is screened - supposedly better with tubes and phono stages. http://www.vandenhul.com/products/cable ... logen-free Current list price is €290 asking €200

The other is not screened - http://www.vandenhul.com/products/cable ... logen-free Current list price is €316 asking €230
Vinyl -anything else is data storage.

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
MooseTrackz

Re: Spring Clean!

Post by MooseTrackz »

ooh I'd be quite interested in that Audio Innovations 200P Pre amp.
I'll send ye a pm!
ooooooooooooooooooh i like that
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

Reply sent

Thorens TD124 Mk1 + Kuzma Stogi 12"arm, HANA Red, Gold Note PH 10 + PSU. ADI-2 Dac, Lector CDP7, Wyred4Sound pre, Airtight ATM1s, Klipsch Heresy IV, Misc Mains, RCA + XLR ICs, Tellurium Q spkr cable
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

another two units for sale...

A Marantz CD 5001 CD player - I was very pleasantly surprised by the sound of this player. No remote, a few scuff marks but nothing serious. €50

Sony Mini Disc player MDS- JE520 Brought for transferring radio programmes to computer, never used as a radio station machine. Comes with remote and about 20 reusable mini discs. €50

paulkww

Post by paulkww »

Hi Ivor

I would be interested in the Marantz, let me know if you still have it.

Paul
Ivor

Post by Ivor »

paulkww wrote:Hi Ivor

I would be interested in the Marantz, let me know if you still have it.

Paul
Yes I do, that post just went up this morning. I'm in Rathmines, PM me if you want to arrange something.

HIFIJoe

Post by HIFIJoe »

Hi Ivor
I'm interested in the Akai tuner.PM sent

Frank